Friday, September 25, 2020

Remembering: A light in the kitchen

My first trip to Russia took place in August of 1992. We hit up a lot of Russian cities that most Westerners were ignoring...that meant travel by rail and often overnight.

I remember one of those trips...I woke up at a place we had stopped at...a small Russian village that still had an apartment building in it. (not the one pictured here...but just as old)

Anyways, I recall a light being on in one kitchen...the rest of the windows were dark.  I was thinking...imagine....Here I am from so far away, where my whole life surrounds my country, culture and city.  Yet so far away, here, right now, in that small kitchen...God knows their names, sees them, they have a story...and God loves them too.

I prayed for those I did not know.  Even now as I remember I pray for them.  

It just struck me as somewhat amazing...that God knows all about them, about me...about all of us...and He loves us just the same.

I think of this from time to time...I just felt it was time to record this observation.

No comments: