Wednesday, November 04, 2020

My Dad's car....

 




Through the years, my Dad purchased a number of vehicles. I don't remember a lot of them, but this one stands out.  It was the summer of 1976 and we were preparing for a family trip to Disneyland. Dad bought this car and a new Prowler trailer.  July 1976.

Dad loved this car so much he would not let me drive it until the summer of 1981, when I was getting married, as the car was being used in our wedding party.  In fairness, I could have driven it before, but just never needed to as I had my own vehicle.

I do know I begged Dad to let me get my drivers license at age 16, so I could "help" with the driving on our trip. LOL...no way. I had to "wait" until I turned 17.

Anyways, this 1976 Buick LTD was an amazing car.  Dad loved it.  He certainly got his moneys worth on this one.

A good memory.

One of the hardest things I ever did was in the winter of 1992.  Dad had passed away on November 27th.  I had to drive the car around the area that Mom & Dad lived every couple weeks that winter just to keep things running ok. I cannot express to you how hard that was.

These are great photographs of exactly how the car looked.



No comments: