Saturday, September 13, 2014

Post-Charismatic 2.0

Well, I finally finished this book by Robby McAlpine.

I guess I should have written about it sooner. He does, after all, write a whole lot about a whole lot of things I believe!

I've seen a lot in my short 54 years on this earth.  I've seen a lot of weird things too.

More often than not, I have felt like Tevye from Fiddler on the Roof.

That is, he is asked repeatedly to bend and bend.  At last he draws his line, and he stands his grown.  The answer is no.

"If I try bend that far, I'll break", states the character Tevye.

Through the years, on this faith journey, I have had to bend.  Some of these blog posts here deal with some of the topics I have had to deal with.  Disagree with close people and friends about.

For every post here, the reader has no idea the struggle I have had to deal with in deciding not to bend.

Even now, I write these words only for those after me.  That you muster the courage in your own faith walk to just say no.

Sometimes it might mean just walking away from the situation.  Other times, it can mean much more.

I don't pick fights.  I don't look for battles.  But I do look and seek for truth. 

Robby's book is a balanced and well-thought out description of someone deciding that they could bend no further.  But rather than walk away from it all, he decided that Truth was still worth pursuing.

Jesus stated in John 14:6:

"I am the way and the truth and the life.

He Himself  is worth it.

Not some silly bells and whistles show, where everything is accepted and nothing is discerned whether it is right or wrong.

Happiness and Truth is found in a person, and no where else.  His name is Jesus.

Thanks, Robby McAlpine for reminding us of that fact!!


No comments: