Monday, October 24, 2022

Shortcuts

Walked through my old neighborhood today....and from there to my old elementary school.  Wow.  Walking there and back was about 30 minutes.  As a kid it seemed like an eternity!

I was amazed at my "shortcuts". Different ways through, in those days, "spooky" back alleys...all to save just a few feet. I had a paper route there as well.

Again, it seemed like a never-ending route!

It's funny, perspective I mean.  I can look at this area and so well remember where I walked.  It's such a little space, in actuality.  Yet as a kid growing up...the distance seemed huge.

The hard part was, naturally, seeing our old house.  With all my heart I wish I could just go open the door and say Hi to Mom & Dad.

Now other families live there.  Making their own memories that they can access years in the future.



No comments: