Sunday, January 04, 2015

Some of the good from 2014

Did I mention I have the most amazing siblings?

Three brothers and one sister.

Why do I say they are amazing?

Mom died one year ago. Our Dad had died in 1992, at the young age of 59.

As I have written here, we had to go through the process of sorting all our Mom's stuff.  Deciding what to give to whom.

Many families can't do this task.  It has the potential to create a lot of conflict.

My siblings were amazing.

There was no conflict.

We took what things were personal mementos, and gave away the rest.

Everything that was done, was done with thoughtfulness and kindness...with regard for each other rather than just "ourselves".

My brother John commented that not all families could do what we did...and it was a testimony to the upbringing by our parents.

But I think it was more than just that.

My brothers and sister are just plain amazing and kind people.

The silver lining in a year of much pain.


No comments: