Wednesday, February 19, 2014

A difficult season once again....

The fall of 2013 started out like any other...then, unexpectedly, my Mom took ill...and was diagnosed with cancer on November 9th, 2013.

Oh how I hate that word.

In 1992, cancer took the life of my Dad at the age of 59. My Mom and the rest of us were devastated.

We would have 2 months with Mom. We hoped and prayed we would have 2 years...but it was not to be.

On January 9th, 2014, in the early morning, my Mom, Margaret Gerk, went home.

Oh how I miss them.

In an age where everyone complains about their parents, and this and that...I want to tell anyone who will listen that I had good parents.

Strict, yes.  But they loved us.  The took care of us. They were the best parents anyone could ask for.

How I miss them.

Until we meet again!

No comments: