Friday, May 16, 2008

Back from Russia


Well....we made it safe and sound. The trip was a success...we have commitments to get teachers who will write a complete Russian language curriculum with a Christian Worldview...and some strong interest by a group of Ukrainian teachers to do the same. Once again our trip was filled with divine appointments.
Greg will be returning in August with a small team from our school to train teachers in online course writing, as well as an enhancer. (No, I won't need to be there for this)
Marina and I did have a couple days off to explore St. Petersburg....it was a wonderful time and we saw many amazing things. I've posted most of our photos on Facebook: Here, here and here.
I must say, this being my 5th visit to Russia, that things steadily improve. There is a middle class now. But my heart is still in the country, where poverty and lonliness prevail. I'm hoping that the model of schooling being set up, will also work in the villages..where the need is still great. Thanks for your prayers...and those who sponsored and prayed for me throughout the years and many visits to Russia..know that your committment has paid off!
This wonderful photo of Marina was taken at Peterhof, a palace built by Peter the Great. The lavishness is amazing!

No comments: